Upcoming trips: a weekend in Rome and two trips to the US
2016 is looking mighty fine – at least in terms of my travels and airfare. Just a few days ago I booked a weekend trip to Rome (30€ return flights with RyanAir!) for the end of this month. A few things on my to-do list:
- The highlights of Rome
- a few street art spots
- Pigneto: Rome’s Brooklyn
- the MAXXI Museum by Zaha Hadid.
For March I booked flights to Florida (300€ from Brussels to Miami and back with Jetairfly) and I’m super excitited to visit an old friend there for a week. Flying from and to Brussels gives me the opportunity to visit Brussels again – a city I’ve visited numerous times in my teen years but haven’t been to in over 10 years. Here’s what I wanna see and do:
My plans for Florida include:
- going to the beach
- lying in the sun
- reading a book by the pool
- maybe some shopping.
In May I’ll visit New York again – my seventh visit to the big apple and the cheapest flight yet (350€ to & from JFK with Iberia). On my to-do list:
- visit the Lincoln Center: either a tour or going to the ballet
- if the weather allows: revisit Rockaway beach and/or Coney Island
- Calatrava’s WTC transportation hub in the Financial District.
My flight includes a 23 hour layover in Madrid. And while others would be bothered by that, I couldn’t be more excited! I’m always happy to spend some time in Madrid and cross some things of my (ever-growing) Madrid bucket list, such as:
- the organic market El Huerto de Lucas
- one of the museums (probably Reina Sofia)
- the recently reopened Faro de Moncloa
- Mercado de San Anton, Mercado de San Miguel or Mercado de San Ildefonso.