Next week I’m heading to Barcelona for 3 days. It’s my 5th visit to the Catalan capital and I can’t wait to explore more of this city that has grown so much on me during my last visit in March 2013. I’ll be staying in Gracia, a neighborhood I fell in love with. Here’s what I’ve planned so far:
- Casa Battló – one of Gaudi’s masterpieces. I have visited Casa Mila ( La Pedrera) and Parc Güell already, so Casa Battlo and Sagrada Familia are still on my list.
- Tibidabo – an old amusement park on top of a hill, even though it’s not the best time of the year to visit an amusement park.
- Palau Musica Catalana – a modernism concert hall.
Take the view from:
- the Bunkers del Carmel
- the aforementioned Tibidabo
- the bar Mirablau
Eat & Drink:
- at Mercat Princesa– a tapas market in an old palace
- great coffee at Syra Coffee or Onna Coffee in Gràcia
- Meatpacking Gracia – New York style in Gràcia
- at Federal Café – I loved it in Madrid
- and lots of tapas and cerveza.
- Palo Alto Market – a hipster hotspot in Poblenou
- at Encants Flea market – the oldest flea market in Europe
- Passeig de Gràcia with all its pretty buildings and hopefully lots of Christmas decorations
- along the beach from the old port to Gehry’s gold-fish